Juicy Grilled Steak & Potatoes
Women can grill too.
Try this easy "entree" for your significant other, or treat yourself.
- Buy your favorite cut of steak at least 1inch thick
- Season with some montreal steak seasoning, place in ziploc bag, marinate over night
- Take steak out fridge
- Scrub & rinse your favorite potato
- Bake in oven until tender
- Rinse & Slice 1 small onion
- Wipe clean with damp paper towel 3 crimini & 3 shitake mushrooms (slice)
- Light your grill, when charcoals are gray about 20 mins
- Brush a little olive oil on your steak, re-season if needed
- Grill directly over coals about 6mins per side, ( total about 12mins ) depending on thickness of steak, ( I prefer medium rare )
- While Steak is resting, heat a fry pan on medium high heat, add a little of your favorite oil
- add onion, cut baked potatoes in cubes skin on, season with rosemary & montreal seasoning, cook until a little golden
- take cooked potato mixture out pan and put in warm bowl
- Heat pan to a higher heat to build a little crust at bottom of pan than add mushrooms to the and sautee (add a little evoo if needed) extra virgin olive oil
- don't let pan burn while building a little crust at the bottom of pan (you can always adjust the temperature)
- add a little beef, chicken or veggie stock turn up heat add potato mixture & heat thru, after a few mins
- ladle potatoes on plate
- top with sliced steak and pour juice from plate where steak was resting, into the pan with mushrooms & stock, which is now like an aujus
- pour over steak
- remember you can always add a little and take out a little depending on your size of family, taste buds and quality of ingredients...
- add a little fresh herbs to your potatoes while their sauteing for that extra layer of flavor, like rosemary or thyme
- add a little piece of butter after adding your stock and swirl in pan for a richer sauce
- add a splash of red wine to your stock to give a more robust flavor, the alcohol cooks out
- Sit back and receive your compliments, they will owe you for this one.
- Try Grass Fed Steak, it cost a little more but it is so worth it, just eat a smaller piece and load your plate with your favorite veggie...
- Either Way Bon A Petite "TWICE THE SPICE" CATERERS"
"AN EXPLOSION OF FLAVORS"